Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ode to Magical Event Making

I spoke with the team that wants marketing’s help
Here’s what I learned – sit down and don’t yelp
It’s not even half-baked
Is it alliance a or alliance b?
Is it a roundtable or  a forum?
Is it sector a or industry b or cross OG?
Where, when, why, who knows?
We just want to do something for clients and prospects to come together and share

I’m sure I was a downer, I told ‘em I’m chicken little, but here’s what it takes
12 weeks from baked
200 contacts for 20 to show
That’s a 10% response rate which might be a bit low
But no shows and cancels will diminish attendance
Mid-Oct to Mid-Nov we’re jammed with programs
Mid-Nov to Dec you just don’t do programs
Breakfast not dinner and certainly not lunch
Short not long and not in NJ
(the last Enterprise program was at the Murray Hill Center…way out of Manhattenites’ way)

They said don’t over complicate
We’ve done this before
We have all the content
We have all the contacts
We just need to know that marketing will help
Cuz marketing will bring our wands and magic fairy dust and voila
We’ll make sure you have program success
Never mind if you’re naked, no one will care
No need for a plan or things like a pitch
People will come and they’ll come ready to share

They’re gonna regroup
Get a grip and resolve some of those questions
I’m gonna think about location and talk to Ted Meaney
Your gonna flip and tell me I’m nuts
I’m gonna say betcha 10 bucks…
And we’ll all get together next week and see what’s what
I bet they’ll decide it’s too hard

...based on true events.

No comments:

Post a Comment